Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fond of Little Art Pieces




When I first started reading about ACEOs, Art, Card Editions, Originals. I began to take interest in what they were and why they are made.
The Art Cards are not new. Years ago artists started creatng them so that people who could not afford large art pieces or had no where to display them could have a little pice of art at an affordable price. The little art work pieces measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. They are always the same. Some are originals but many artists have started making prints of their originals and making the little cards.
It is also popular to make these cards by colleaguing many different textures, art forms, vintage collage etc. The size is also popular. The cards can fit into the baseball card holders. There are three ring binder art card holders . Placing your art cards in the page holders and placing them in a three ring binder album makes a wonderful conversation piece for the coffee table. I have a little easel and I change the card out every month. Right now I am having fun displaying flowers of the month. The poppy posted above is on display now. When the month ends I will place it back in my album and display a new one.
My daughter has so many things I have painted her. She does not have room to display it all.
And too, some of the paintings are not her color or style. So what better way to leave her mother's work with her is an album documenting her work in the form of ACEO's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home