Sunday, March 23, 2008

Have My Cake And Eat It Too







Have My Cake and Eat It Too.


In my previous blog I mentioned the walls in my house had run out of space for my paintings. I started painting useful items for the house and for gifts. Then I thought about my paintings. They are now up for sale. When they are gone they are gone. Maybe I should do something to save my memories of them.

I was reading an article about A.C.E.O.’s written by another artist. What is an A.C.E.O.? Art Card Edition Original was designed years ago so that people could collect affordable art. It is a little 2.5x3.5 inch card the same size as a baseball trading card. Could this be my answer? I started making copies of my originals and printing them on the little art cards. Yes , I liked the idea.

Then I went to a baseball trading card Shop and purchased album pages to hold my new little creations. The pages fit in a three ring binder. Then I found a beautiful leather look binder. And, of course, the binder had to be embellished. So now I am deciding what to paint on the front of the binder.
But take a look at some of my A.C.E.O.s. They are prints of my originals.This is an interesting project. The album will make a wonderful conversation piece when it is placed on my coffee table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home