Saturday, March 22, 2008

Why Do I Do Soaps?













There is only so much space in a house to hang your pictures. It is the same with your family and friends. So what to do. You go on creating new paintings and posting them for sale.

Then you think of things you can give as gifts to your children, family and friends that are fresh, new and useable. I started with painting soaps for my own bathrooms and kitchen.Since I didn't want to just let them sit there as decorations, I came acrossed a way to seal the design
so that it will last the life of the soap. The soap comes from the bottom of the bar as you lather your hands, a wash cloth or a sponge. Sometimes I have a hard time talking my guests into using them but once they do they just have to have one for themselves.

So now I have another new canvas to work with. It is not hard to paint simple designs on the soap. It is rather fun to paint palm trees since I live in Florida. Fish go well
when I paint an ocean color background.Palm trees a fun too. But most of all I love flowers and I paint many soap bars with many different flowers. I did a customed design bar with a white gardenia on a pale green background. The person sent it to her grandmother who lives in Italy.
That is another interesting fact that keeps me painting soaps. I love to keep track of where they
are going.



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home