Friday, April 11, 2008

Pat Jenkins-A Quiet Networker


Left Pat's Wine Glasses- Left-Pat Jenkins Right-Gloria Wilson
Pat Jenkins networks quietly and for many others but never for herself. She talks about others work and praises them but when it comes to her accomplishments she is so very quiet.When I first met Pat it was through my art teacher Mary Sue Baldwin at Mary Sue's Shop. I learned that she was trying One Stroke Painting working on glass, fabric, and wood. Before long I heard that she had earned her One Stroke Painting certification and could teach.

I became interested in painting on glass when I found that she had classes at several locations in our area. I joined one of her classes and soon discovered it was a relaxing 2 hours on Wednesday for me. Even though I paint with another group, I found the new group totally different.Both the groups share ideas and support each other.

My new friend Pat Jenkins quietly became a part of my painting family with her soft spoken instructions, her patience, and her pleasant smile. Recently we shared a booth at the The Museum of Arts and Sciences. We complimented each other very well. It was there I watched her quietly walk and talk to different vendors when trafiic was slow. Perhaps this is a characteristic that spilled over from her career as a Rigistered Nurse before retirement. She is genuinely interested and cares for people.

From the Arts and Craft Show we support each other in networking our business. She networks my shop on Etsy.Com and I share in promoting her items for sell. She is not on the internet now so it is important for me to promote her work. She is out in the public and she promotes my shop.

So this week is a tribute to my soft spoken ,comfortable comfortable teacher and her beautiful talent.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home