Wednesday, October 13, 2021

 Color My World 

By Gloria Wilson From My Brush


Do you see color? Does color affect how others see you? Does it affect your mood? Does it affect your taste? Does it affect your communication? Can you change any of this?

All these questions were answered for me when I participated in an art workshop-ColorTheeory. It is a process of mixing primary colors: red, yellow, orange, blue, and green to get other colors and hues of color. It helps you understand colors and how colors affect you and what colors are complimentary. Beauty is in "the eyes of the beholder." I truly see God's artwork in the whole outdoors we call nature,

Color affects how other people see you: "Colour has a U in it."

Red is a bold color, powerful and strong. It is also associated with love. The red rose is the flower of love and the red heart. Yellow is bright, optimistic, radiant, and often associated with the sun; blue is calming, serene, and intelligent; green is associated with the whole natural world; purple is often connected with royalty, wealth, and spirituality; black is elegant, sophisticated and confident and brown is associated with stone, wood, and earth.

Color Affects Moods, Tastes, and CommunicationsPeople are certainly affected by their surroundings including color.

When we see red it is a signal of anger, stop, or danger. Most businesses use red in their logos like McDonald's, Cocoa, Chick-fil-let. You stop for a stop sign to avoid a ticket. A red rose is the flower of love and the color of the heart.

Doctors and dentists' waiting rooms are painted soft shades of blues and greens for their calming effects, but the hospital clinics are white to reflect cleanliness.

New health drinks often have spinach in them and the color comes out green. It is often hard to drink something green because the color green always represented poison in our former storybook beliefs of witches brew.

On the Internet, Social Media, and Websites, the color is used because it is a good calming color to see and read. AT&T uses Corporate blue. Color certainly affects certain feelings. 

Each and every morning I look out my breakfast nook window and see blue skies, trees, birds flowers, and sometimes cloudy skies rain, snow, or ice. It is a time of reflection and being grateful for a new day. The colors I see help determine how I look and how I feel. My love for painting and  my joy of painting of sharing with others keeps me happy, useful, and " Colors My World."I paint every day in my country butter color, yellow Sunny Room Studio. Yellow is conducive to happiness and creativity.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home